I often wonder why street food is not named as a “magnet”. After all, it has the power to attract all empty stomachs and make them go completely relished, a power to make all diet conscious people wake up at midnight and have few big spoonfuls of brownie, a power of mesmerizing the tongue and watering the lips with its looks.
This love appears to be more insane when constant thoughts of those luscious, delicious food in our heads keeps distracting us in every setting and make the stomach noisy.
Street Food is the most readily available and unbeatable to those served in five stars. And what could be better for the food explorers out there to whom street food not only adds new flavors to life ( or tongue, one & the same thing!), but also new friends, new stories, and new experiences.
Well to be true. There are people who see food as a need to survive, & there are the one’s who LIVE FOR FOOD. For the latter, it is the huge varieties and flavors of food which keep their pulse running.
It may be that meethi si doodh jalebi
Or that tip tip barasta hua golgappa
Grabbing those fatty cheese filled burgers and sandwiches.
Or those creamy sauce pastas and Manchurian balls
Dil ko sukoon dene vala faalooda
Or that chatpati si chatkara bhelpuri
Here is the list of best street food you cannot afford to miss in Kota City. Some are very famous & you’ll instantly have those flashbacks of good times & other are somewhat less-known for you to try and suggest your dear ones.
1. Let’s start with what Kota is most famous for. Oh, you know the name even before you read it. It’s the Pyaaz Kachori from Jodhpur Namkeens, Gumanpura.
2. The UFO food truck is somewhat a new concept for Kota. It’s placed on station road near Hotel Rallentino and serves a variety of dishes prepared inside a food van. The UFO special burger being the best among the dishes we have tasted.
3. And among the 3 most famous sandwich spots lies this one. Shri Ram sandwich wala, multipurpose school. Such a fun and an entertaining Sindhi guy to talk to until your sandwich or patties get prepared.
4. Hmm.. The most humiliated place on posts like ‘Rs.10 me aapke yaha kitne golgappe milte hai’ on Instagram because this place provides a little costlier deal than others, but it’s taste and quality makes it all worth the money. Amar Chat, Gumanpura main road.
5. Delhi’s Food Town is the new happening place in Talwandi. It has done a fairly great job by providing both indoor as well as outdoor sitting areas. Also, it has a menu with variety enough to confuse your mind. Address-4-w-3 sector 4 Talwandi Main Road.
6. Well, don’t judge this place because of its buildup. Trust me, try the amazing desi flavored dishes here. Jai Jinendra fast food center, Station Road.
7. This Shop No J-20, Near Petrol Pump, Jawahar Nagar Main Road named Chatkazz proves to be a nice place to have delish food on the go. I like the way they serve cold drink here, btw 😀
8. Hi5! Oh, no no! Not the real Hi5! I am talking about this super happening food place in Talwandi named Hi5. Too much variety, taking care of your pockets at the same time. Ever imagined a nice tadke wala pizza at just Rs. 50? They have it. They care about your savings 😀 Address- Friends Paradise, Indra Vihar, Talwandi.
Each of these dishes has its own way of delighting our taste buds & makes our first Kota Street Food Guide.
These eight street foods joint according to us serve the best dishes in town. We are not saying there are just 8 of them, there are surely more and we are exploring them one at a time on our Instagram account @kota_ke_bhukkad & telling you where to eat & what to eat in Kota.